Wednesday, April 8, 2009

This explains WHY Obama feels the need to continually "Reach out to the Muslim Community" - he admits he is a Muslim

April 6, 2009

Al-Jazeera reports that Obama said he was a Muslim

This is what is going out in the Islamic world. I have no idea if Al-Jazeera did this deliberately or not, although it's hard to imagine something like this would have slipped by their editors -- even though it is buried many paragraphs down in their account.
"Obama: 'US not at war with Islam,'" from Al Jazeera, April 6 (thanks to all who sent this in):
[...] Al Jazeera's Anita McNaught, reporting from Istanbul, said: "This was the address we had all been waiting for, it hit all the right notes.
"He talked about the contribution of the Islamic faith in the life of American Muslims and then he personalised that message by saying 'I know because I am one of them'. It was a message that reached out to many today...."

Zowie! Obama "talked about the contribution of the Islamic faith in the life of American Muslims" and then said, "I know because I am one of them"? Well, actually no. Here is what he really said: The United States has been enriched by Muslim Americans. Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country — I know, because I am one of them.

UPDATE 6:41 PM: Al-Jazeera has removed this section from the story sometime between the time I posted this and now.

Source: Jihad Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment